Today in this post I will show you How to Hide your Confidential data and files behind the image using command prompt on windows operating system. Most of us have private and confidential data but don’t have any private computer to keep that data. In the previous tutorial, we had learned How To Hide And Protect Your Data On Windows Using Batch Files, which helps to hide personal data into password protected folder. I can assure that this trick is very simple and awesome, To hide a file behind an image means that if anyone opens that image he will see the image, but not the hidden files. To see the hidden file we need to open that image in a specific way.
- WinRAR Software
Follow the below Steps –
- Select all the file that you want to hide behind the image and make it in .RAR format ( hide.rar ). With the help of the WinRAR.
- Select image to be used for hiding file behind the image.
- paste both the files on desktop (Image + hide.rar File).
- Open Command Prompt (Press ⊞ Win+R opens the Run dialogue box and type cmd then press OK ).
- Type following commands in cmd – cd Desktop
CD stands for change directory by typing above command you change your directory to the desktop.
- Type commands in cmd to hide the file behind the the image – copy /b PC.jpg + hide.rar hidePC.jpg
C:\Users\Ashok\Desktop>copy /b pc.jpg + hide.rar hidepc.jpg
⇒pc.jpg – Name of the image you want your file to be hidden behind. Don’t forget to add image format.
⇒hide.rar – hidden file
⇒hidepc.jpg – Name you want your final image with hidden files should be.
- Now, whenever you will try to open this newly created image it will open as a normal image, but to open you hidden file you need follow steps given below.
Access Hidden Files From Image?
- Open WinRAR (Press ⊞ Win+R opens the Run dialogue box and type WinRAR then press OK ).
- Now locate your image and open it or simply drag your image in WinRAR.
- Extract the file and done.